On Tuesday, June 16th, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., the Windsor Democratic Club will host a virtual meeting to discuss voting processes in Sonoma County and the rest of the U.S. The meeting will feature:
- Pat Sabo, the Chair of the Sonoma County Democratic Party, who will introduce the topic of voting processes and how Democrats are addressing it
- Deva Marie Proto, the Sonoma County Registrar of Voters, who will explain how the voting system in Sonoma County has changed
- Dale Axelrod, a member of the National Voting Rights Task Force, who will talk about how U.S. voters can become prepared to recognize and overcome obstacles placed in their way in the upcoming November Presidential election.
After the presentations, the meeting will be open for questions from those who have joined the meeting.
To join the Zoom meeting, any time after 5:30 p.m. on the 16th (the speaker presentation begins promptly at 6 p.m.), via computer, tablet, or smartphone (browser or app), go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86897554660 .
Or, if connecting via phone, call any of these numbers to join the meeting:
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
and then enter the meeting ID: 868 9755 4660 .
We look forward to having a great meeting! Please join in!
• You can connect into this meeting as 5:30 p.m., for up to 30 minutes of socializing and/or testing Zoom.
• We’ll start the meeting promptly at 6 p.m., with everyone muted except the three speakers. The last part of the meeting will be questions for the speakers.
• Please keep questions relatively brief. This is only a one-hour meeting.
Zoom meeting processes and tips [computer/smartphone]
• If you see “Speaker view” in the upper right corner of your Zoom screen, clicking on that will give you a full-screen view of whoever is speaking.
• If you have a question, a good way to ask it is to type it into the chat panel. One of the club officers will be monitoring the chat panel for questions, and can ask the question on your behalf.
• You can also enter comments into the chat panel.
• During the questions period, the way to get recognized, to ask a question, is to “raise your hand”. You do this by clicking on “Participants”, at the bottom of your Zoom screen, and then clicking on “Raise your hand”, at the bottom of the Participants panel. (You’ll see a small blue hand appear in the Zoom window.) When the moderator calls on you, you’ll see a dialog box that allows you to unmute yourself.